Friday, October 28, 2005

Hello...

Hello and welcome to my blog.

First, a little about me. I'm a 7th(!) year PhD student at Stanford in Computer Science married with two children (ages 2 and 7). Poker is my main hobby right now, and I've been playing seriously for about a year (maybe a year and a half if you consider play money). I also host a weekly game on Wednesdays.

Second, a little about the blog. I'm writing this blog for myself and ultimately this is a place to put my poker notes and observations. Originally I started a journal on paper logging my results, but quickly found online methods much more useful. The downside of online records is I lose the ability to put down comments, observations, notes, etc. That's what this is for -- I'm going to put down my rants, observations, lessons, and everything else in an electronic (and searchable!) way.

Third, I can't guarantee that I'll only put poker stuff down here. Obviously, I'm not going to be airing my family's deepest, darkest secrets (my wife would kill me) but I may vent a little bit about my life outside poker. Deal with it :)

Finally, it is inevitable that some of the players in my local games read this, and it is also inevitable that I will discuss their play. On one hand, if I play with you on a regular basis, knowing how I think will aid you in beating me. On the other hand, I am not going to sugarcoat it if I think you made a donkey play. If I post something not flattering I'll leave names out (or make up names) in an attempt to hide the truth but I'm sure some of you may recognize yourself.

That's it, lets get the show on the road.

-Sean

No comments: