Sunday, March 30, 2008

GC Tonight

I snapped my losing streak last week (winning $180) but haven't bothered to write about it. In a way, I think I needed a break from limit. Even with the win, my confidence was a bit off.

I feel regenerated and eager to play tonight, but a little disconnected as far as my strategies.

In fact, I'm going to be so lazy that I'll just copy my goals from last week:

  1. Play ABC poker. Again, tighten up a little bit pre-flop (not to say play tight, but don't call ATo in EP on an aggressive table). And continue doing things like raising in position for free cards.
  2. Take extra time for my decisions. Don't play on autopilot. Think through my options. Trust myself (not necessarily physical tells, but the sum total of patterns, reads, and tells).
  3. Play against bad players. This means move tables if my table is tight. I play best against loose players (either aggressive or passive) so I need to seek them out.
Last session, I think I did a pretty good job of playing ABC poker. I did insta-fold at least twice on the river because a very tight, never bluffing guy bet into a scary board, and I'm pretty proud of that.

Playing against bad players is especially important, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a game. I'm not sure if I'll play 6/12 (w/o backing) or 8/16 (w/ 50% backing) because it depends on where the seats are open and then which table is better.

No comments: