Thursday, November 24, 2005

BB: Stupid Cowboys...

Yeah, I know, I know. Nobody likes to read about bad beats -- I usually tune people out as soon as they open their mouth.

But I don't like to think about them either.

So, I'm going to use the blog as catharsis and write my frustrations out so I can forget they happened. I do this with a lot of things -- chores, psychology papers, birthdates -- if it is on paper or in the computer I can let it leave my brain. To be nice, I'll use BB: to denote bad beat posts...

So, without further delay:

Three bad beats with pocket kings playing 1/2 on Stars:

  1. Guy has KQo and rivers the fourth flush card (I have a set) -$16
  2. Guy has JJ and rivers the jack -$40 (multiway pot)
  3. Guy has... QQ, I have quad kings:
    *** TURN *** [Kh Jc 8d] [Kd]
    Sting11165: checks
    Sl1mCracker: bets $2
    Sting11165 has timed out while being disconnected
    Sting11165 is being treated as all-in
    *** RIVER *** [Kh Jc 8d Kd] [Jh]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Sl1mCracker: shows [Qc Qd] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
    Sting11165: shows [Ks Kc] (four of a kind, Kings)
    Sting11165 collected $8.25 from pot
    LOL. I had check-raised him but my click didn't go through -- lost at least $2 and maybe $6+ on it... And I rarely have disconnects, especially on stars. Tilting by a disconnection, priceless...

No comments: