Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another GC Trip: Focus Items

I'm heading to Garden City again tonight and I won't have nearly as many constraints on how long I can play, so hopefully I'll be able to post a winning session. I have a ton of things I want to work on, but I'll boil it down to a list of three to keep it from being overwhelming.

Focus Items:

  1. Pay attention to the table and trust my reads. This pretty much leads to the following two items...
  2. Don't chicken out on turn and river value bets. If I've been the only one betting the whole way, and I think I have everyone else beat, value bet the river. 6/12 is so passive I shouldn't fear the CR and they love to call with middle or bottom pair just to see.
  3. Respect raises. That means take a few seconds to think about their range, what I know, and how my hand fairs against their range (redraws, etc). Just because I have top pair doesn't mean I have to call down a tight guy who raises me on 4th. That being said, err on the side of calling, especially on the river.
That's it. I'll post again tonight or tomorrow after the session to tell how I did.

No comments: